Mapping in Central Finance
Mapping is a key part of Central Finance. We know that we get data from heterogeneous logical systems (source systems) which would be replicated in CFIN and it will look for the values that need to be updated at the central Finance end. This is a pre-requisite step for the Data being loaded in CFIN and if there is no mapping it will go in error. Mapping will connect mapping entity values from the source system to Target system.
Where one value/mapping entity may have different names/attributes across the different logical systems. For example, we may have Payment terms which have different names according to system but have similar characteristics and hence when data need to be replicated at Target end i.e., CFIN it must be mapped to such value where both these Payment terms from two different source system need to be mapped to one Payment term which have similar characteristics.
Central finance supports in general supports 1:1 and N:1 mapping.
We can categorize mapping into three distinct parts.
Mapping for ‘Business Object Identifiers’
This is the ‘Key Mapping’ for the IDs (for example customer ID, vendor ID or material ID) between the systems. This is done through MDG key mapping functions.
Mapping for ‘Codes’
This is the ‘Value Mapping’ for the codes (for example company code, business area or country code) between the system. This is done through MDG value mapping functions.
Mapping for ‘Short-living Cost Objects’
Sometimes, there are some short-living cost objects (for example production order, internal order) that should be mapped between the systems. This kind of mapping is done through the Customizing in the Central Finance system.
In addition to the three mapping categories, some Business Add-ins (BADIs) can be used to do the mapping in the Central Finance system
Based on the Business requirement we also define mapping action for the mapping entity which will read the mapping.
‘Keep Data’: Reuse the original data from the source system in the Central Finance system
‘Mapping Obligatory’: Must be mapped in the Central Finance system, otherwise the system will raise an error
‘Map if Possible’: the system will try to do the mapping, but if there is no map existing then the system will reuse the original data from the source system and no error will be raised
‘Clear Data’: ‘fields of this kind area are always cleared’
These mapping actions are assigned based on the business system (logical system).
We have standard tool for in CFIN to do the mass mapping .
T Code for the Mass Mapping:
- Run the T code” FINS_CFIN_MAP_MANAGE” and and select the mapping entity that need to mapped and select the source system in the below screen.
- After that, select the Mapping Entity as ‘General Ledger Account‘ and the relevant source system ID to maintain GL mapping.
- Select the ‘Generate Template‘ radio button and provide the location in the ‘File Name’ field to create and store a CSV file. Click on the ‘Execute’ button at the top-left to generate the file.
- After generating file, go to same folder and open the File give the required in inputs in the CSV file.
- Now upload the mapping by selecting Radio button as upload the mapping . Run it for test run for the first time by checking the box.
- Mapping have been successfully mapped in the CFIN system and it can be displayed as well by selecting the radio button in Display mapping in CFIN.
- Deletion of the existing mapping is also possible by again generating the template and providing the required entries in the file that’s need to be deleted and selecting the radio Button ” Delete Mappings”.