SAP, a German-based multinational software company, is well-known for its ERP (enterprise resource planning) software, which allows businesses to manage their operations. SAP has a solution for every business size, whether a small, medium-sized, or large corporation. The software packages are tailored to the needs of the businesses based on the size of the company and the industry to which it belongs.
Apart from SAP, several other companies provide ERP software, such as Microsoft and Oracle, among many others. However, regarding superbly integrated ERP software, SAP is the undisputed leader. We’ve all heard of SAP, and many of us have used it in the office or for our businesses. However, we will present some interesting facts about the software company that you may not be aware of. Here are a few amazing SAP facts that you probably didn’t know.
- SAP originally stood for “Systemanalyse und Programmentwicklung,” which translates to “System Analysis and Program Development” in German.
- SAP’s first office building in Walldorf, Germany, housed approximately 80 employees in 1980.
- SAP customers represent 80% of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index companies.
- SAP Business Network is the largest network, thanks to the merger of Concur, Fieldglass, and Ariba.
- Retail, manufacturing, food and beverage production, aerospace, engineering services, oil and gas, life sciences, and many other industries are all served by the SAP Business One application. It also offers complete support for each sector.
- The SAP Business One app can access all business data on the go. It is compatible with both the iPhone and iPad.
- The San Jose Sharks handle more than $15,000 transactions per night and do so successfully with SAP Business One.
- The SAP Business Networks connect over 1.8 million businesses, their partners, third-party developers, and system integrators.
- The company established the SMB Solutions Group to meet the needs of businesses with fewer than 500 employees.
- The company announced three new SAP solutions for the Internet of Things domain. The SAP Manufacturing Execution application, SAP Connected Logistics software, and the SAP Predictive Maintenance and Service solution are all included.
- The company’s s-innovations are aimed at SAP HANA-based businesses. The goal of these innovations is to accelerate digital and cloud transformations.
- The company expanded its partnership with Microsoft to provide data and mobile experiences and a new cloud for employees.
- SAP joined the Industrial Consortium to advance the Internet of Things (IoT), which the company’s cloud-based IoT solution will support.
- SAP’s customer base is spread across 190 countries, and the company serves 291,000 customers.
- SAP collaborated with IBM on enterprise cloud adoption. IBM is the company’s trusted infrastructure provider for cloud services.
- SAP has a staggering number of partners worldwide, with over 12,800 total.
- The company has a presence in more than 130 countries and employs more than 75,000 people.
- SAP is a firm believer in constant evolution. As a result, the company constantly innovates and improves its features to provide the best service to its customers and partners.
- SAP’s revenue more than doubled between 2010 and 2019.
- In 2018, SAP generated €20.62 billion in cloud computing and software revenue.
- Europe, the Middle East, and Africa contributed the most to SAP’s revenue.
- SAP is the global market leader in the sales force productivity and management application market.
- The SAP Service Cloud records over 600 million customer interactions and tasks.
- SAP HANA can accelerate analysis by more than 10,000 times, equivalent to walking from California to New York in 6 minutes.
- SAP’s machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), and advanced analytics technologies assist customers in transforming their businesses into intelligent enterprises.
- SAP offers the most modular and suite software for on-premise, cloud computing, and hybrid deployments.
- SAP S/4HANA is a software platform built on SAP HANA that can store and process massive amounts of data while drastically reducing an organization’s data footprint.
- SAP Cloud Platform is the platform of choice for hyper-scale cloud vendors (Alibaba, Amazon, Google, Microsoft).
- SAP HANA is a platform for in-memory computing that enables businesses to accelerate business processes, provide more business intelligence, and simplify their IT environment.
- SAP launched its mysap.com strategy in 1999 in response to the Internet and new economy.
- In 2009, SAP expanded into three future markets: mobile technology, database technology, and cloud computing.
- SAP has industry-specific software for 25 industries and seven business lines for on-premise, cloud, and hybrid computing.
- SAP has the most comprehensive cloud portfolio, with over 100 solutions for all lines of business (LoB) and business suites.
- SAP Digital Commerce has 178,500+ orders from 162 countries for online SAP and partner offerings.
SAP certification can help you establish your expert knowledge in the global market. An SAP certification validates your ability to use SAP systems to manage large databases for an organization and your expertise in SAP reporting. SAP training enables professionals to work more effectively with SAP modules. Training enables professionals to use SAP software to improve work processes and data management. As a result, selecting the right training partner is critical. Tekskilled is a well-known online training provider led by industry leaders that assists you in upskilling to achieve perfection.